Aalu ka chilla in 5 minutes
Tags : How to Make aalu ka chilla, how to make potato cutlets, aalu ka chilla recipe, alu ka chilla in easy steps, how to make aalu ka chilla in easy steps.
Potato is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. Last time we made the Fried Potato Smiley recipes in easy steps (French Fries). Today we are Going to make the Potato pancakes (Aalu ka Chilla), latkes or boxties.
Potato pancakes (Aalu ka Chilla), latkes or boxties are shallow-fried pancakes of grated or ground potato, flour and egg, often flavored with grated garlic or onion and seasoning. It is very tasty and easy potato recipe for the potato lovers. In this recipe we are going to make these potato pancakes which is also known as “Aalu ka chilla” in hindi. The to make potato pancakes you need the ingredients given below.
Aalu ka chilla
1) 2-3 potato (large) peeled and washed
2) 1 pyaj/ onion(large) finely chopped.
3) 2 eggs or 2-3 tbsp besan.
4) 3 tbsp Maida( all purpose flour)
5) 2 green chillies (chopped)
6) 1/3 tsp red chilli powder
7) salt to taste
8) 1/3 tsp black pepper ( powder or crushed)
9) 2 tbsp oil
1) Take a bowl and grate that potatoes in a bowl.
2) Now add water to that bowl and leave it for 5 minutes so that the extra starch will remove and our chilla will become crispy.
3) After that drain the water from potatoes also add running water to the grated potatoes.
4) Now squeeze the water properly.
5) Take a bowl and crack the eggs in a bowl. You can use 2-3 tbsp besan instead of eggs.
6)Add maida (all purpose flour), chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, black pepper and mix it well.
7) Whisk the mixture properly with the help of whisker or fork.
8) Now take a bowl of squeeze potatoes and add finely chopped onion to it.
9) Add the mixture to the bowl of potatoes and mix it well now add salt to taste. Take care that if u add salt then don’t wait.
10)Turn on the flame heat a pan and add oil to it.
11) once the oil is heated turn the flame to low medium.
12) Now add 1 tbsp of mixture to the pan and spread / flatten it evenly with the help of spoon.
13) Repeat this process to make other pancakes. You can make 2-3 pancakes at a time of medium size.
14) Cook it for a minute on low medium flame . After a minute flip / turn it carefully.
15) Cook it for 2-3 minutes and then flip it again cook it for 1-2 minutes. Once pancake becomes golden brown from both the sides take it out on paper so that the extra oil is soaked by the paper.
16) Now our potato pancakes are ready to serve .😉😉😃
Thanks for reading this Recipe.